1. Reaching Visually Impaired Inmates With God’s Love – Lutheran Braille Workers – $18,500 Incarcerated visually impaired people are among those Jesus came to save. LWML District mites will provide equipment and material for a work center in Texas to produce free ESV Bibles in Large print to serve these children of God.
2. ACTS of Love Early Childhood Education Center – Leander – $20,000 ACTS of Love provides free childcare and parenting resources to teen-parents. Funds from this mission grant will contribute to the operating budget allowing ACTS to continue offering high quality, free, Christ-centered early childhood education and parenting classes to teen-parents and their babies.
3. DCE Scholarships – Concordia University Texas – $24,000 Realizing the importance of supporting the development of the next generation of Christian Leaders in church work, LWML District mites will be used to provide academic scholarships for students pursuing their Director of Christian Education (DCE) degree.
4. Forward in Faith – Funding the Ministry of Faith Lutheran High School – $10,000 Faith Lutheran High School of Central Texas will use this mission grant to further this Central Texas educational ministry by purchasing needed theological resources, curriculum instruction materials, and teaching tools. These materials will enable them to provide Christ-centered education to their students.
5. Let It Shine for Children with Autism – Lutheran Special Education Ministries – $10,000 Let It Shine for Children with Autism is designed to address the unique needs of children with autism in an early learning environment. Mission grant funds will be used by Lutheran Special Education Ministries to purchase appropriate curriculum, materials, and equipment for these unique early learners.
6. Scholarships for Seminarians – Texas District LCMS – $50,000 The LCMS recognizes the importance of seminary training to equip dedicated men for ministry to God’s people. To help offset these costs, scholarship funds will assist seminary students from the Texas District, enabling them to go out and serve with less financial burden.
7. Multi-Ethnic Ministries of North Texas – $25,000 LWML District mites will assist the Multi-Ethnic Ministries of North Texas to reach out with the saving grace of the Gospel among the thousands of refugees from Africa and other oppressed nations as their physical and social needs are met as they come to the greater Dallas and Plano area.
8. Developing Lay People for Mission both Locally and Regionally – Cornerstone Church – Kyle and Buda – Removed by request of ministry
9. Navigation Life and Faith - LINC Austin – $10,000 This mission grant will help LINC Austin Outreach develop a faith-based Life-Skills program to help prepare and support individuals experiencing homelessness as they transition into housing. The program will provide a new and healthy community group and mentors trained by LINC Austin.
10. Shepherd of the Hills Church Plant Children’s Ministry – San Antonio – $20,000 This mission grant will be used for much needed equipment, Gospel-centered children’s educational material, and supplies to support and facilitate neighborhood outreach, especially geared toward families and children, and be used in ongoing children’s ministry as the new church becomes established.
11. Expanding the Mission at Lutheran Student Center – Hope for the Nations Lutheran Church – Arlington – $15,000 The University of Texas, Arlington Lutheran Student Center is blessed to share God’s Word with Hindus, Muslims, and other students from all over the world. This mission grant will assist in expanding their ministry as they transition from a student center to planting Hope for the Nations Lutheran Church.
12. Lay Leadership – Discipleship Retreats – RIOMAC – $5,400 A leadership development retreat for basic training of church involvement and leadership in LCMS churches is greatly needed in the Rio Grande Valley. The retreat will equip lay people with greater understanding and skills for lay leadership in their congregations.
13. Spanish and American Sign Language Bible Stories – Lutheran Friends of the Deaf – $5,000 Spanish and American Sign Language Bible Stories will allow Lutheran Friends of the Deaf to provide these crucial resources to ministry partners in Texas and worldwide so that deaf people who come from Spanish speaking families may learn Biblical accounts and receive the Gospel of Jesus Christ in their language. 14. T2C2 Mission Network Leaders in Training – Dallas – $20,000 Together Transforming Churches and Communities (T2C2) will use LWML District mites to benefit existing and potential students by offsetting costs for pre-seminary or seminary tuition, books, educational conferences, and other development events for deaconesses and pastors in Hispanic ministry.