Download the LWML Texas District Bylaws PDF format or MS Word Doc 97-2003 version as amended June 2016 and the Standing Rules as amended September 2016 in PDF format.
Do Bylaws Need Revising?
Articles on Object, Membership and Parliamentary Authority MUST conform to national bylaws. (Zones: In addition, the article on representation at national convention must conform to national bylaws.)
• International LWML or ILWML
• Appointed Officers
• Mission Projects
• national LWML or LWML
• financial review
• financial institution
• Pastoral Counselor
• Appointed Personnel
• Mission Grants
• First Vice Servant Resources
- Member Development Committee
- Bylaws Committee
• Second Vice President/Mission Inspiration
- Christian Growth Committee
• Third Vice President/Mission Service
• Fourth Vice President/Mission Projects
- Mission Advocacy and Grants Committee
- Christian Witness Committee
• District Public Relations Director
- Public Relations Committee
• Vice President of Organizational Resources
- Leader Development Committee
- Structure Committee
• Vice President of Christian Life
- Christian Life Committee
• Vice President of Human Care
• Vice President of Gospel Outreach
- Mission Grants Committee
- Gospel Outreach Committee
• Vice President of Communication
- Communications Committee
Write flexible bylaws. Be brief; use barebones bylaws as a guide.
Use Standing Rules for items that may need frequent changing, such as meeting information, ad hoc committees, convention expenses for delegates, etc.
Send proposed revisions to the District Structure Committee for approval prior to adoption. After adoption, notify Structure Committee Chairman (preferably by email).