You are here
Structure Committee and Bylaws
- Download the LWML Texas District Bylaws (Adopted July 2018)
- Download the Society Sample Barebones Bylaws here.
- Download the Zone Sample Barebones Bylaws below:
- Sample Barebones Bylaws for the Zone (MS Word)
- Lutheran Women's Missionary League Style Guide (2017)
Do Bylaws Need Revising?
Articles on Object, Membership and Parliamentary Authority MUST conform to national bylaws. (Zones: In addition, the article on representation at national convention must conform to national bylaws.)
Write flexible bylaws. Be brief; use barebones bylaws as a guide.
Use Standing Rules for items that may need frequent changing, such as meeting information, ad hoc committees, convention expenses for delegates, etc.
Send proposed revisions to the District Structure Committee for approval prior to adoption. After adoption, notify Structure Committee Chairman (preferably by email).